Conflict Management Workshop
9.30 am – 3.00 pm
This workshop is designed to raise staff’s understanding of the background to conflict and the contribution they can make to either calming or escalating the confrontation.
Conflict with other employees, parents, pupils, SLT, visitors, etc?
By attending this workshop you will be able to use relevant and confidence building tools to help you handle difficult situations (with your stakeholders) more effectively
Delegates attending this workshop will:
- Able to use relevant and confidence building tools to help you handle difficult situations (with your stakeholders) more effectively.
- To use strategies which result in a win-win outcome.
- To turn difficult reactive situations into a proactive outcome.
- Being able to put an action plan highlighting best practice and AFI within the School/Organisation
Schools: Nurseries, Primary, Secondary, Special Schools, Free Schools, Academies
Delegates: Deputy/Assistant/Head Teacher, Senco, PHSE, Nominated Governor
- Registration (inclusive of tea and coffee)
- Welcome and Introductions
- The purpose of conflict
- Changing what you do for a different outcome
- Defining a difficult person
- Working with difficult people
- Using honesty and agreement
- Turning arguments into discussions
- Defusing blame
- Active listening and responding
- Understanding the roles people play
- Dealing with strong feelings
- Delivering bad news
- Feeding the solution not the problem
- Choosing appropriate conflict
- Creating win-win: achieving resolution
- Getting to the core of the problem
- Close (Safe journey home or back to work)
Each delegate will receive the following:
- Presentation pack
- Framed certificate of attendance (evidence for CPD)
- Complimentary sweets/chocolates/mints
- Pen and highlighter