Cultural Diversity Quality Standard (CDQS)
9.30 am – 3.00 pm
The Cultural Diversity Quality Standard (CDQS) provides clear aspirations for both multicultural schools and those located in areas of limited diversity. Working towards a set of criteria will help your school to achieve areas of the new Ofsted inspection framework.
This workshop is designed to help you self-evaluate against the framework. The CDQS measures a school’s success within the following five key areas:
1. School ethos
4. Parent/carer involvement and community role
5. Staff and governors.
By attending this workshop you will be able to have a better understanding of the Cultural Diversity Quality Standard (CDQS) and how your School work can work towards the 5 key areas.
Delegates attending this workshop will:
- work towards achieving a nationally recognised accreditation for your school.
- self-evaluate and raise the profile of your school’s practices in cultural diversity.
- gain recognition for the work of key partners, colleagues and others who support this work.
- recognise the outstanding work of your school, showing the importance of high quality delivery and demonstrating that your school is championing cultural diversity.
- access an effective audit tool for your school to discover gaps in development planning and measure its progress against set criteria that relate directly to the Ofsted inspection framework.
- demonstrate a commitment to a particular area of school life and help communicate the climate of the school to stakeholders, thereby potentially helping the school to access additional funding for that area of work.
- demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement.
Schools: Primary, Secondary, Special Schools, Free Schools, Academies
Delegates: Deputy/Assistant/Head Teacher, Senco, PHSE, Nominated Governor
Programme for the day:
- Registration (inclusive of tea and coffee)
- Welcome and Introductions
- Overview of the Equality Act 2010
- Overview of the Cultural Diversity Quality Standard (CDQS)
- Roles and responsibilities
- School self-assessment against the Cultural Diversity Quality Standard (CDQS)
- Best practices
- Assessment process
- Overview of the Parental Engagement Quality Standard (PEQS) ( five key areas: 1.School ethos; 2.Parental engagement with learning and development; 3.Information; 4.Consultation; and 5.Impact and benefits for students)
- Action plan
- Close (Safe journey home or back to work)
Each delegate will receive the following:
- Presentation pack
- Framed certificate of attendance (evidence for CPD)
- Complimentary sweets/chocolates/mints
- Pen and highlighter